Tuesday, November 3, 2009

children's book wish list

I've been working on a list of books I would like to get Ziggy for Christmas. I'm sharing my Top 10 with you now (this is narrowed down from over 20). These books are a mix of winter books, holiday books, books I've read about in other blogs and classics I can't believe we don't have. What books will you be buying for Christmas?

The Tomten by Astrid Lindgren
The Tomten and the Fox by Astrid Lindgren
V Is For Volunteer: A Tennessee Alphabet
by Michael Shoulders
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff
Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
Jan Brett's Christmas Treasury by Jan Brett
How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss
The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats

Does anyone know a way to get images of book covers that don't have that little "Click to Look Inside!" image that they have on Amazon?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Alphabet" by Matthew van Fleet. Last year Bella saw this in the bookstore, and threw a fit when we had to leave. She got it for Christmas and it is still her favorite book.

Heather @CritterChronicles said...

You don't have Goodnight Moon? I think that's been a bedtime staple in our house for almost six years now. I can send you our (worn out and very tattered) copy. :-)

As far as toddler books go, even though they're not as great as Jan Brett - who is one of my all-time favs - my kids love, love, love Sandra Boynton. Everything by her, but especially Doggies. We were also recently introduced to The Gruffalo (Google those words for the great site) and it's a great book.

I get my book images either from the book/author sites themselves or from Goodreads.com, where I catalog the books I read. I have a book blog and after I write my reviews on that site I am able to copy the content with pictures to my blog.