Sunday, October 5, 2014

sunday confessional: brand rep obsession (desperation?)


I discovered that there's this thing on Instagram where indie businesses will run brand rep competitions, and I am obsessed.  Most of the ones I've found are for children's clothing lines.  Basically you tag the business in some of your photos and if they like what they see, and select you to be a brand rep, they send you free merchandise, and you take a crap load of pictures with said merchandise.

I really, really, really want to be someone's brand rep.  Really.

It's not about the free stuff (though that is pretty cool), and it's not about the validation of my kids' cuteness (I know they are super adorable), it's about...and here's the confession...the validation of my photography skills.  I would be over the moon to know that some small business owner thinks my pictures are good enough to represent their brand.

So, if you need me and you can't find me, I'm on Instagram.  Fingers crossed.

No comments: